The CSR policy of CEETAL-CMPC Laboratories is an integral part of our commitments and our annual action plans in order to control our environmental footprint, improve the well-being of our employees and increase our performance levers. This progress approach is guided by 3 strategic axes:
Our commitment to sustainable development
The social responsibility of CEETAL-CMPC Laboratories is reflected in particular in the management of employee training, which is implemented annually through the implementation of a training plan following the Annual Evaluation Interview (EAE). In addition, a programme is also designed to ensure the safety of employees on our sites and to reduce work-related accidents. It includes regular training and awareness-raising sessions for employees at our production site in Cambes, as well as situational exercises.
In addition, a plan to promote the diversity of human capital has also been introduced, with the employment of disabled employees and monitoring of the Gender Equality Index (>75%). We also plan to implement a chemical risk assessment programme on our production site in the short term.
With regard to our economic responsibility, a customer satisfaction and loyalty programme has been established with the sending of customer satisfaction surveys, continuous monitoring of the improvement of our customer service, the implementation of a loyalty points system and the possibility for them to benefit from promotional actions.
In the short term, a wide-ranging evaluation of the quality of delivery and an assessment of the carbon footprint of the carriers will also be carried out. In addition, a supplier improvement programme, involving supplier audits and evaluations, has been set up, with priority given to suppliers based in metropolitan France whenever possible.
Because of our activity in the chemical industry, the environmental dimension is the most important part of our CSR policy. To this end, a programme for more environmentally friendly products has been developed internally. This involves taking into account the criterion of biodegradability and replacing petrochemical raw materials with natural raw materials whenever possible. This also implies the design of 100% biosourced, 100% biodegradable products, the design of products that are not classified as dangerous for the environment or the integration of eco-design on key issues. All of these products developed in this way are presented in our Ecochoix offer.
In addition, an eco-responsible approach to packaging and its end of life has been integrated internally with the use of a maximum of recycled and recyclable packaging, but also by joining Adivalor for the recovery of empty/soiled packaging from users in certain fields of activity (Wine, Dairy Industry, Horticulture and Market gardening). The company's CSR department is currently studying the use of recycled packaging.
In addition, a programme to control and/or recover waste and our liquid effluents has also been introduced. But also, the organisation of commercial destocking actions for products at the end of their life, as well as the optimisation of stock management and supplies to limit overstocking.
The environmental responsibility of CEETAL-CMPC Laboratories also includes a programme to control our consumption of energy and water, equipment, raw materials and supplies. We have set up a monitoring system for electricity and water consumption, and train our employees in the field in eco-driving. Other actions are being studied, such as: recycling part of the manufacturing rinsing water, using low-energy light bulbs, and seeking synergies between raw materials to reduce their concentration and thus reduce their consumption. In the medium term, a carbon assessment of the production site is also planned.
The ECOCHOIX concept from CEETAL-CMPC Laboratories
In order to continue to control the impact of our products on the environment and the health of users, CEETAL-CMPC Laboratories have developed the ECOCHOIX range including the following 5 ranges:
- Ecocert : this logo identifies our specialities that can be used in the different organic production methods. Compliance is controlled and certified by Ecocert.
- Protect + : this logo is affixed to our specialities which do not have a safety pictogram (3)(4) and do not contain any human hazard phrases. It is considered as a guarantee for the respect of the health of the users.
- Organic Farming : this logo identifies our specialities that can be used in the different organic production methods. Compliance is certified by self-declaration.
- Végépur : under this logo we present our specialities formulated on the basis of 100% vegetable raw materials.
- Atomvert : translates a high level of requirement in the choice of raw materials while meeting the technical constraints of users. We certify that the raw materials used to formulate these specialities meet the following specifications:
- Not classified as CMR (carcinogenic, mutagenic, reprotoxic) category 1, 2 or 3
- Not classified as harmful by inhalation
- Not acutely toxic category 1, 2 or 3
- Not classified as an environmental hazard category 1 and 2, excluding essential oils
- Non-sensitising, excluding perfumes and allergen-free for perfumes in products intended to come into contact with the skin
- Preferring vegetable origins
- NTA and phosphate free
- No solvents derived from ethylene glycol ether
- With less than 5% VOC (volatile organic compounds)
- For food dyes.
Certifications of CEETAL-CMPC Laboratories
This commitment is reflected in various certifications:
ISO 9001 (since 1996),
ISO 14001 (since 2004),
Certiphyto (since 2013),
Certibiocide (since 2014)